Pages


My Hawai`i sojourn has come to a close after eight rich years. I have witnessed the battle toward and near completion of a Ph.D; the birth of two amazing, intelligent and hard-charging boys; and for me the trials and triumphs as an ultrarunner and critical care RN.

Our lives have been touched deeply by our friends and family here in the islands and I am continually amazed by the warmth and generosity of the Hawaiian and local people.


To bid a fitting farewell to my life in the islands of Hawai`i I planned and completed the Big Island Traverse (BIT). An approximate 160 mile, unsupported fastpack on the island of Hawai`i. The route traversed the island from sea-level on the southeastern shore, beginning at Holei Sea Arch; ascended Mauna Loa (13,677 feet) and Mauna Kea (13,796 feet); and eventually descended to sea-level on the northwestern shore, ending at Spencer Beach Park and Pu`ukohola Heiau. To my knowledge this variation had not been done. It was a great success - A Hui Hou.




Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Somewhere Over the Rainbow - Israel "IZ" Kamakawiwoʻole

1 comment:

  1. A powerful voice for the Hawaiian People with potent message. Watching this makes me long for my Hawai'i home and its people. Rest in Peace Braddah!

    ReplyDelete